Wednesday, March 18, 2020

I am a whistler

Yesterday while in Dothan we went into Walmart so I could pick up some more crochet thread. As I was coming back to the front I met this short man walking very fast and whistling a tune to the rate of his speed. I think he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket but he was whistling. I smiled and spoke to him and thought of how happy he seemed to be. It reminds me of seeing Grandma Bryant standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes. She was singing as she worked. Her daughter, Aunt Omie Marler told me on one occasion to "always keep a song in your heart." I'm a whistler. I was whistling as I walked into the church building recently. Grandma always told me, "a whistling woman and a crowing hen never did come to a very good end." But an outward sign of an inward feeling sometimes just has to come out, doesn't it? Whether it is singing or whistling we all have a musical instrument we carry with us all the time, and we need to be more joyful people whether in tune or not. Hope you have a joyful day.

No comments: