Sunday, January 24, 2021

Doing something for Jesus each day

Dr. Phil McGraw has shared on numerous occasions on his daily television show how he gets up each morning and asks himself what he can do to make his wife’s day better, or more enjoyable, that day. There’s no doubt fewer marriages would end in divorce if each person asked themselves that question about their companion.
As I was thinking about that statement the other morning after reading my Bible, I thought, “What can I do today for Jesus?” Immediately, I thought of the poem below.
Christ has no hands but our hands to do His work today
He has no feet but our feet to lead men in the way
He has no tongue but our tongue to tell men how He died
He has no help but our help to bring them to His side.
We are the only Bible the careless world will read,
We are the sinner’s gospel; we are the scoffer’s creed;
We are the Lord’s last message, given in word and deed;
What if the type is crooked? What if the print is blurred?
What if our hands are busy with other work than His?
What if our feet are walking where sin’s allurement is?
What if our tongue is speaking of things His lips would spurn?
How can we hope to help Him or welcome His return?
—Annie Johnston Flint
Of course, I want to make my precious husband’s day better every day. I want to make it special and one he will long remember. At the same time I want do something for my Lord every day. I want to be able at the end of the day to look back at that which I have done and see things I have done especially for my Lord.
Mr. Rogers penned the song, “There are many ways to say I love you.” The song states ways to express our love for others. May we look for ways each day to express our love for our companion and our Savior.

No comments: