Thursday, October 29, 2020

Little babies and souls


Last night I woke around midnight thinking about the soul of man. I stood at the foot of my mother and watched her depart this life on January 8, 2014. 


You remember it was Jacob and Rachel, his true love, who were on their way to Ephrath when Rachel was in hard labor. She was having a baby boy, and the scripture says, "And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Ben-o-ni: but his father called him Benjamin. (Genesis 35:16-18).


I watched mother's body grow still and saw the blood stop running through her veins. I knew her soul was in departing, (for she died). The question I was needing an answer to last night was when did she get that soul? I have four different Bibles on my desk as I write this and as I studied during the late hours last night.


God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7). That is where Adam got his soul. But what about the little babies today? In Ecclesiastes 11:5, The Living Bible Paraphrased says: "God's ways are as mysterious as the pathway of the wind, and as the manner in which a human spirit is infused into the little body of a baby while it is yet in its mother's womb.”


The King James Version states: "As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all" (Ecclesiastes 11:5).


I shudder to think of the little souls which are being separated prematurely from their little bodies while in their mother's wombs. I cannot support, nor do I want to be friends with, anyone, who supports someone who upholds such a practice. That, my friends, is evil, and my Bible says to "shun the very appearance of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:22)  


Written 09-27-2020 under Glenda's Glimpse, Geneva church of Christ bulletin, p.4

          

No comments: