Sunday, March 12, 2017

Underneath her hat was hair still in rollers

I was just admiring Tim Hester's picture on FB and noticed his hat, or cap. I don't know what they call those little toppers, but I like them. It reminded me of hats being in style when Doug and I were dating over 51 years ago. 
Now Clifton Tuggle and Doug will know the person I am about to tell on, but we'll just keep that a secret. Clifton had a girlfriend that had the prettiest curly hair. She was smart enough that on Sunday morning she left her hair rolled on top and combed out the part that would show, from under her hat. She would be finely dressed as she went to worship with a beautiful hat on her head. Only we knew that beneath that hat remained her hair in curlers. I couldn't help but think of the fun it would be should a real stiff puff of wind come her way and take her hat with it. I would have laughed, there's no doubt about it. I wish I knew where she is today. I still owe her for introducing "old Doug" to me.

No comments: