Monday, March 20, 2017

The print reminds me of grandma


This is a print we bought Saturday at the Piney Woods Arts Festival in Enterprise. I had seen the original painting by Keith Newby, or Kenneth Newby, of Dothan years ago at the festival and wept when I saw it. It looked like someone very special in my life, my grandmother, Evie Lee Bryant. (I am honored to wear her name.) For well over ten years I have thought of this painting and wished we could have purchased it. Saturday our trip to the festival was entirely to see if by a very small chance we might find the artist and the picture. He along with his display was set up in a tent almost immediately to our left when we entered the craft area. He didn't have the original painting on display since it had sold but did have this smaller and less expensive print. Beautiful memories.

I wonder how many of my cousins will agree with my thinking?

No comments: