Friday, December 25, 2009

Ramblings - Where have I been?

I didn't realize it has been so long since I posted on my blogspot. You would think I didn't really care, but not so. My time has been devoted mostly to caring for my 98 year old mother, who has lived with us six years last September 22. It is such a joy to care for her at this particular time in her life. She is loving, meek and gentle and kind and makes it very easy to love her. I am so much her security blanket so to speak. Seldom do I get a sitter and go anywhere, but when I do she is asking them when I am coming home. She sits in her chair by the large glass window in the family room and watches for our vehicle to come and park in front of the house. I always wave to her and she waves back. Sometimes she is overjoyed to see me and wants to hug and kiss me and hold me tight, all the while telling me how glad she is that I am home. Not many people are that happy to see me coming in a door, you know what I mean? Ha. Now with all that explanation of why I haven't written sooner, I am ready to write a very important blog entry now. Read on.

No comments: