Friday, December 25, 2009

Gifts to Give God this Year


This morning I was checking email and found an article written by Tim Hall about gifts we can give God this year. Recently I have been thinking about what I would call a wonderful sermon for a preacher to present at this time of the year. My Douglas is a preacher and I like sermons that have good illustrations with them. That may be because of the artistic ability in which God has blessed me.


At this time of the year people are thinking about giving gifts. Visualize walking into the auditorium and seeing several beautifully wrapped Christmas gift boxes across the front of the stage. Inside each box would represent a certain gift we could give the Lord this year. The preacher would be down on the floor (always miked) and start on one side and talk about the gift in that particular box, working his way to the last box.


You can imagine my surprise when I received the email early this morning with an article that would go perfectly with my Christmas gift sermon idea. Since today is Christmas day, it is too late to use it now from the pulpit. I decided to go to my Adobe Illustrator program and illustrate the lesson. I sent it to a missionary friend in Brazil who in turn has forwarded it to Tim Hall. The lesson could still have more work done to it, like listing scriptures to go along with the thoughts on the gifts, but check it out above. I'm sharing it with you. Maybe we can all profit from the idea even now. Enjoy!


No comments: