Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Lessons from the birds

I was sitting here eating breakfast and spotted a bird near the fig tree out back. He or she (I can only tell the difference in cardinals) was walking hurriedly across the grass and stopping along the way to peck in the ground. One spot held his attention more. He pecked there several times. I thought there must have been a bug or worm in that spot. There's a lesson for all of us to be learned from the birds. They get up early and they go to work building their nest, and feeding their family. They stick to the task until it is done. They work for what they get. I dare say any of them take a seed to their young ones that we have left for them in feeders. They teach their offspring how to fly and how to work for what they eat. And best of all they are happy all day long. How do I know? They sing as they work and who doesn't love the songs of a singing bird? (Orig. published on FB 6-9-2018)

No comments: