Monday, March 29, 2010

Meet My Lala

She was bought several years ago by our son Art. For some reason she never became a favorite of his, and so she has stayed in her box in the closet. She even made the move with us from Elba to Geneva, AL. But lately I thought about her, went and took her out of the box, and finally gave her a real name. Her name is Lala. I've named her after my mother, Eulala Williams, or Mama Lala to the grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, and most recently to a great, great, grandchild. She's worn her name for nearly 99 years now, and somehow it just has to live on.
Lala needed some legs and she needed a pretty little outfit. With a trip to the local thrift store, I found the ideal dress for Lala. It was a 24-month size, and when Art made and shipped her legs to me, she was ready then for shoes. With a red dress, she needed red shoes to match. A trip to the nearest Walmart led me right to the little size 8 red cloth shoes that just fit Lala. I don't know what the people shopping in the shoe department must have thought when they saw me down on the floor with a pair of puppet legs trying to stuff the feet in different sizes of little red shoes. After getting the right fit, I went to find red ribbons needed to tie her pigtails tightly and then she would be ready to go.
Lala and I are going to start working together April 17, at the Geneva Women's center. Professional? No. Fun? Absolutely!!!! Watch out. We may come your way soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I just happen to see the address on fb in your last staus update. I love "Lala". Love the red shoes! Just seeing the puppet brought back so many memories for me, especially of Art.

I have a blog as well, if interested. www.melissa-ward.blogspot.com

bbeth said...

Lala just needed a woman's touch. How could she not be everyone's favorite now? She is precious ~