Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Tricycle


A few years ago I tried to think back as far as I could to see what my earliest memory would be. To the best of my knowledge, it my Daddy walking from the road with a red tricycle in his left hand. I got so excited. He had bought it just for me. I was three or four years old at the time.

Daddy had hitched a ride home with someone on a car, and they let him out at the road. I'm sure he bought the tricycle in Opp, AL. I felt so special to have my very own tricycle.

The picture above is of me on my treasured possession. My brother, Herschel, was hovering over me to get in the picture. Notice his grin. Herschel and Hoyt were, and still are, my older brothers. I was the baby and the only girl in the family.

I remember the tricycle had a place on the back where a person could stand on it and ride with me. It was a fun way to ride with a friend close behind.

No comments: